No one else will be able to see your photos and videos even on Android phones, a feature for the Google Photos app.
Now the photos kept on your phone will be more safe. Because now Google has launched the Google Photos Locked Folder feature, in which you can get the service of locked folders in the Photos app. It protects your photos and videos from falling into unwanted hands or being stolen or being hacked. The Google Photos Lock Folder feature was launched exclusively for the new Google Pixel phones in June.
Search engine company Google has started rolling out the Locked Folder feature for Android users apart from Pixel users. Google had earlier announced in September that the service would soon be available for other Android phones and has now started showing up on some Samsung and OnePlus devices.
It can be used in the Android 6.0 version smartphone or not???
A big yes, according to the information, the feature of the photo lock folder in the phone will soon be available in Android 6.0 and above. Once this feature comes, users will get its notification from Google.
How the lock folder will work??
Google Photos Locked Folder application helps you to hide photos and videos on your phone. These photos will not be backed up or shared and a device screen lock will be required to access these photos. Even users will not be able to take screenshots of photos present in these locked folders.
Google said in one of its tweets that you can keep your photo safe with a passcode in a locked folder in Google Photos and it will not be visible during scrolling in your apps. Lock Folder is being launched first in Google Pixel, after which this service will be given to other Android devices.
How to use Google Photos Locked Folder feature?
As of now, it seems that the feature is only rolling out to Android smartphones. It has not yet arrived on iOS and if we have to assume, we can speculate that it will land on Apple devices early next year. If you have an Android device, here’s how you can set up the locked folder and start adding files.
- Download the Google Photos app from the Play Store
- Open the app and sign in with your Google account
- Click on the Library tab in the bottom right corner
- Tap on the Utilities tab on the top
- If your phone has received the feature, you’ll see a Set up Locked Folder card, tap on it
- You’ll then see a prompt page outlining the features of Locked Folder
- Click on Set up
- You’ll be asked to setup authentication using the system default security option (face unlock, fingerprint scanner, pattern lock)
- Once you authenticate, you’ll be taken to the Locked Folder
- Click on the Move Items option (picture icon with a plus sign) in the top right corner
- You’ll now be able to see all your pictures and videos
- Select the ones you want to lock and click on Move in the top right corner
- All pictures and videos you have selected will be moved to the Locked Folder
- You can access the Locked Folder from Google Photos any time
I hope you liked this post “Google Photos Folder Lock Features”. Please Like Share and Comment.